Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I Ate Yesterday - September 11, 2013 by Patti

Our first habit was to keep a food journal and I have this firmly established. I write down every BLT (bite, lick and taste:-)

One thing I've been doing for the past couple of weeks is when I write food in my journal I indicate whether it was a good choice, poor choice or a choice that is OK in moderation or OK but could be better. Of course my goal is to always make good choices but I hope at least the good will out number the poor. I also go back and look at the poor choices and the OK choices and try and see if I can improve them.

:-) = good choice
- = OK in moderation or OK but could be better
:-( = poor choice


This is what I ate yesterday...

Breakfast:
1 egg with onion and broccoli scrambled in 1 tsp olive oil :-)
1 piece Ezekiel sprouted bread toasted :-)
1 tsp butter - (in moderation)
Green drink made with 2 cups kale, 1/2 cup pineapple and water :-)
Cranberry water - water, unsweetened cranberry juice, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar :-)

Lunch:
Salad made with 4 cups romaine and 1 cup cucumbers :-)
1/2 cup kidney beans :-)
honey mustard dressing :-(  (I need to find a better salad dressing-I'm going to try to make my own)

Afternoon snack:
banana and kiwi :-)

Dinner: Logan's Steakhouse
Salad :-) (they make the best salad!)
honey mustard dressing :-(
6 ounce steak - (This wasn't really a bad choice but I should have only eaten 3-4 ounces. I should have taken half of it home and had it for lunch the next day)
asparagus :-)
1 small piece of bread with butter - (This wasn't too bad-I only ate one small piece)
Peanut butter sundae :-(  (Ice cream seems to be my downfall:-( This wouldn't have been so bad except Sunday I had an hot fudge sundae - I need to really be careful and limit treats like this.)


9 good choices
3 OK choices in moderation
3 poor choices (includes the salad dressing which I'm working on today)

Exercise:

Cleaned house and vacuumed (yes, I consider that exercise:-)
Walked at the mall for about 40 minutes

Eat well and have a great day!

Patti

No comments: