Friday, September 6, 2013

FINDING MY PATH TO A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE! by Trina


Finding My Path to a Healthier Lifestyle-one that will help me reach my weight loss goals

 where I began


Over the past few years I have done a lot of research trying to find the perfect exercise and eating plan. I've reviewed, read and/or purchased a NUMBER of books including the following:

*Change One                                      *You: On a Diet
*Curves                                              *21 Pounds in 21 Day
*Living Low Carb                              *The Best Life Diet
*The Fat Flush Plan                           *The Biggest Loser
*The Weigh Down Diet                       *Atkins Diet
*Eat This, Not That                            *The All New Atkins Advantage
*Never Say Diet                                  *The South Beach Diet
*The All-New Free to be Thin             *The Calcium Key
              and many others including the what's listed below

Here's what I've discovered...
  • I am a perfectionist. So after one mistake or slip up and I throw in the towel for that day or week, waiting for a fresh start.
  • I haven't developed effect methods to deal with stress
  • I am an emotional eater.
  • Most experts have their own ideas concerning what constitutes a healthy diet and MANY DO NOT AGREE what that is; even the research being done is sometimes contradictory. The views on how to develop a healthier lifestyle/diet range from - eat all fruit, eat vegetables and fruit, no protein, yes protein, high protein, low protein, no grains, yes grains, low carb, high carb, no salt, yes salt, raw food, cook food, etc. So how do I, a non experts choose what is right.
By beginning with what I know:
          *I was created by God so it make sense for me to look to Him to help    
          me decipher all this information and choose what would be best for me.    
         
 So I plan to use information from following to help me find my path to a healthier lifestyle and to achieve my weight loss goals:

*The Bible/Prayer
*Bob Greene Total Body Make Over
*A List of Healthy Habits I believe God gave to me
These 4 things along with Weight Watchers help me to lose over 25 pounds

*The Fat Flush Plan                                      *Faithfully Fit
*The New! Abs Diet for Women                     *The Conscious Cleanse
*Jenny Craig's What You Got to Lose?           *The Vice-Busting Diet
*The 7 Principles of Fat Burning                   *Eat To Live

See Part II for what I like about these books and how I will to use what I've learned to implement my plan for a healthier lifestyle.

1 comment:

Lace up and Walk said...

Great post Trina. Thanks for the reminder that prayer and the bible should be our first resource.