Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Typical Breakfast - by Patti

I find it's easier for me to stick to a basic eating plan for breakfast and lunch. I don't want to have to think about it too much so I have a few go to meals that I turn to.

This is what I usually eat for breakfast.

If I'm in a big hurry to get out of the house or I'm eating breakfast late I have:
Almond milk and fruit smoothie
Blend until smooth-
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup fruit (frozen cherries are my favorite but I also like banana and pineapple)
This is 1 WW plus point.
This meal in a glass gives me a good dose of calcium (450 mg) and one fruit. If I don't have this for breakfast I usually have one in the afternoon.

If I'm in a hurry or don't feel like cooking I have:
Cereal and Fruit
1 Shredded Wheat biscuit (the big biscuits, no sugar added)
Banana (the only fruit I like on cereal)
1/4 cup of milk (I don't care for too much milk on my cereal)
This meal gives me a dose of fiber (one biscuit 3 grams), one fruit and a little bit of calcium.
This is about 3 WW plus points

Most mornings I make the time to have:
Egg, Veggies and Toast
1 cup veggies such as broccoli, spinach or zucchini
a little bit of onion and peppers
1 tsp olive oil
1 egg
1 TBS grated cheese
1 slice Ezekiel bread toasted with 1 tsp butter
Saute the veggies in oil until tender, add the beaten egg and stir till cooked through, top with a little cheese.
Including the toast this is about 6 WW plus points


This breakfast gives me a good protein, healthy oil,
whole sprouted grain and one serving of veggies. It also
keeps me satisfied until lunch time. 

What do you like to eat for breakfast. Care to share?


Today is the day the Lord has made!
Enjoy it!

Patti






No comments: