Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 1 of the 100 Day Challenge - Money Jar

Motivation and Accountability

Motivation and accountability are two things that are vital to me in reaching my goals. 


Rewards - Pebbles and $$$


To keep me motivated during this 100 day challenge I've set up a reward system. On a calendar I'll keep record of my days and give myself a sticker depending on how well or not so well I did. 

Based on the sticker I give myself each day I'm going to reward myself with $$$$$ cash! If I do well with my eating and exercise each day for 100 days I'll end up with $100 to spend however I want.


But I have to watch out because if I do bad on a day then I lose some of the cash:-(


Side note: Some people may not find it helpful to take reward money away but I've had too many bad days that I've allowed to slip by. I'm serious this time! When I have a bad day I get punished with holding on to weight and failing health. Taking money away is just a visual reminder to me. 


Visual weight loss


Two jars. One with pebbles representing the pounds I need to lose the other jar is empty. As I lose a pound a pebble will be moved to the LOST jar. By day 100 I hope to have all the pebbles moved from the to lose jar to the lost jar

I have my calendar, money jars and weight loss jars set up on my side of the vanity in my bathroom. This is where I start and end my day so I can't forget about it. 



Accountability 

To keep me accountable I'll be meeting with Trina and Renee once a week. At these meetings we'll share what we learned from the daily devotional. We've agreed that we will be successful! It's helpful to know that other people are depending on me just as I depend on them. 

Two are better than one. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one what falls when there is not another to life him up. 
Ecclesiastes 4:9,10

I've also begun a 100 day project over at  Give It 100.
You can check out my 100 day project here. I'll be walking 150 miles in 100 days. Start your own project. If you follow me I'll follow you back.


Day one of a 100 day journey!

Patti

No comments: