Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Walking - Patti

This is an update from the last two weekends...

Last weekend John and I took the Volksmarch through Riverside. It was a 10 k walk (6.2 miles) but we cut a couple of ks off so it was probably about 5 miles. I loved this walk because it took us through one of the oldest sections of town. I've always wanted to live in an old house and this walk took us by some really beautiful ones. We also walked along the river and we took some time out to sit on a bench and watch the big boats and the traffic going over the bridge.

This past Saturday we got out of the city and took a walk through nature and I think we found the only mountain in Florida to climb. It wasn't actually a mountain but for this flatlander it felt like one:-) This walk was at Fort Caroline National Memorial and the walk took us through the pine forest and the wetlands to a bluff overlooking the St. Johns River. It was about 6 miles of pretty rough terrain.
My walking log and AVA inserts. 

The good news is that we've completed our 4th Volksmarch. The bad news is that I've lost my pedometer. Not sure where but I think I had it on last night when we went to dinner. It was a really nice one. It actually counted the steps correctly. Not like some that you can jiggle in your hand and up the step count. This one required an actual foot to hit the ground...


Where will your feet take you today?

Patti

Weigh IN Wednesday

2 comments:

Cassi Schmigotzki said...

That Volksmarch sounds like something I'd do. Don't know if they have anything like that here.

Lace up and Walk said...

Hi Cassandra, Thanks for dropping by! Volksmarch is nationwide and they have some groups in Europe as well. You can learn more by going to
www.ava.org. They have info on groups from all over.