Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What I'm reading by Trina

The books I order from Amazon arrived today. Yay!

This is the cleanse I'm doing.


One of my friends has had success losing weight following this plan
so I've decided to read it.
I browsed the book and like some of the idea, but I don't think I would enjoy what I ate if I had to give up meat and salt for 6 weeks.
My philosophy concerning healthy habits and weight loss has always been that I must like the foods that I eat. So because I'm trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet I came up with a rule; I will try a new fruit or vegetable about 3 times. I change how I prepared it if I don't like it the first time - cooked, raw and maybe added into a smoothie. If I don't like it after the third time I remove it from my list. Although sometimes after a number of months or a few years I will try that food again. For example I applied the three try rule to Brussels sprouts two different times over the last few years. My finally try was this year and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like Brussels sprouts no matter how they are prepared. The same is probably true for mangos. I didn't like them as a child and I tried one last month and I still don't like them, so this week I plan to make a smoothie with mango and that will be my final try. I've also tried avocado a few times and I didn't like it, but this week I added some to a homemade salad dressing to thicken it and make it creamy. It was great.
 
My Motto:
"Have fun now while you're on your way

to accomplishing your goals!"

I can't have fun if I don't enjoy the foods I eat.

No comments: