Thursday, March 14, 2013

Zumba or How to Move Your Booty!

Zumba!

The hardest work out I've ever done and the most fun I've ever had working out!

1 hour and 20 minutes of non stop movement.

That pretty much sums up Zumba.

Find a Zumba Class


I found this class by searching Zumba.com. You can search by city or zip code. 
I emailed the teacher for more info. I made it clear that I was looking for a class that would be suitable for someone who was new and inexperienced. I could tell from her reply that I'd found the right class for me. 

What You'll Need


  • Wear a good pair of shoes that will give your foot support and cushion. You'll need a smoother sole so it doesn't grab when you move.  You will be sliding and jumping around!
  •  You don't need expensive workout clothes just get something comfortable and easy to move in. You will be moving and sweating! 
  • Lots of water - you'll work up a mighty thirst!

Go With a Friend or Two


It's much more fun to go with someone. You can encourage one another and keep each other accountable. Trina brought her sister, Renee brought her daughter and I brought my daughter-in-law. 

How much will you burn?

If you're interested in calories burned during a workout you can check out this calculator. According to the calculator I burned 885 calories in about an hour. 

Steps
I'm not sure how accurate it was but I wore my pedometer and it said I took over 9,000 steps during the workout. For me that's about the same number of steps as a 4 mile walk. And I know that I got a more heart pumping workout with Zumba than with my normal walking routine.
To be honest I just keep moving and don't worry too much about the steps. Just make sure you're not on video!

Will You Be Sore?

Yes. (but it goes away and you'll feel better in the long run)

Why You Should Take A Class (or why I need to take a class)

I know for a fact that if I was doing a workout at home on DVD there's no way I would have finished the whole thing. I'm basically a wimp and I don't like to sweat...For me being in a class with other people to encourage me and a teacher to give me an extra push keeps me going. I would not get the same workout on my own. That's just me:-) 

What I Love About Our Class

What I really love about this class is that everyone is so nice. The teacher is super helpful, positive and full of energy. She made me want to do better without feeling bad about myself. (I admit I have trouble remembering my left foot from my right:-) And the other students are all really nice too. No show offs. Just a group of ladies who are all  out to have fun and get in shape and they're happy to welcome newcomers. 

So if you've never tried Zumba I encourage you to check out a class and get moving today!

Patti







No comments: