Saturday, March 16, 2013

How My First Week of Meal Planning Went

This is a recap of how things went with my meal planning for the week.

Instead of duplicating the info on this post you can check out the original post and see what worked and what I changed.

It took a while to put the menu together, to make the grocery list and shop but it was worth the time. Knowing what I was having for breakfast and lunch and what our family dinner was going to be each night really took the stress off of me. The menu was posted on the fridge and the recipe or directions were on the counter. If I wasn't home whoever was there could easily put the meal together.

Not only did it save time but I ate better and I saved money. No last minute runs to the grocery store or worse stops at a fast food place.

BTW I lost 3.2 pounds this week so I'm saying planning my meals was a good thing!

Patti

2 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Is it providence that allowed me to find you again after all this time. Is it providence that tells me 'I' need to lose 3 pounds a week for the next year? Hmm. Maybe.

Blessings, Debbie

Unknown said...

I also plan my meals. It helps me lose weight and save money.