Friday, November 15, 2013

A New Adventure in the Quest to Get and Stay Healthy

Middle Eastern Dance

More commonly referred to in the non Arab-Western world as

Belly Dancing!!!



Trina and I signed up for an 8 - week class at our local community school. This is a class that teaches the basic moves of the dance. 

No pictures to share right now:-) but I can tell you that I love this class!

I'm learning to move muscles I never even knew I had!

A big part of this dance is learning to isolate different muscles in the back, chest, stomach and butt. It also focuses a great deal on posture. 

We just finished our third class last night and as I sit here this morning I can really feel it in my stomach muscles!

Check out this link to see our teacher and to learn more about this type of dance...



Last year at this time if someone had told me I'd be tying on a shimmy shake skirt and doing Zumba and belly dancing I'd have said they were crazy!

Out of the box and out of my comfort zone! 

I love it!


No comments: